Only wise decisions in 2013
The art of managing money in 2013 will rely heavily on protecting capital. If 2010-11 were years in which markets stabilized after 2009's strong recovery, 2013 will be a year in which returns are more difficult to manufacture and in which markets will probably be more uncertain.
Protection of capital and risk adversion in 2013 will be a strong theme, as investors return to this simple rule of protecting investment compound returns.
Currently, Oak Point represents several world class high preforming investment managers which have a strong noncorrelation to debt and equity markets and which earn in both sideways and declining markets and which should be considered as excellent replacements for traditional stock, bond, and hedge fund investments. Please contact us via our contact page for further information.
Oak Point Logo
- The OakPoint logo is the beautiful woodwork of Ruben Guajardo, www.artisticwoodworking.com
- The majestic oak tree has long been a symbol of endurance and strength, characteristics which we as investors should cultivate.
- "The oak tree has been the guide of our ancestors for centuries as to the time of planting our corn; when the leaves are the size of a mouse's ears, then is the time to put the seed into the ground."
- Keeler, Harriet L. (1900). Our Native Trees and How to Identify Them. New York: Charles Scriber's Sons. pp. 328–332
"The average man does not wish to be told that it is a bull or a bear market. What he desires it to be told specifically which particular stock to buy or sell. He wants to get something for nothing. He does not wish to work. He doesn't even wish to have to think."
"The price pattern reminds you that every moment of importance is but a repetition of similar price movements, that just as soon as you can familarize yourself with the actions of the past, you will be able to anticipate and act correctly and profitably unpon forthcoming movements."
"The stockmarket is a semi-psychotic creature given to extremes of elation and despair."– Warren Buffett
Buy on the cannons, sell on the trumpets.” -Old French Proverb
- January 2013
- Large asset inflows for insurance linked client
Our client in insurance linked investments has doubled firm assets to 960 million dollars currently, with now a four year track annualizing just short of 10% since inception, with only three down months.
- Understanding Insurance Linked Investment: Cat Bonds and Cat Swaps, Correlations, avoiding Japan, and Institutional Quality Returns.
- The market for insurance linked products is receiving renewed interest as a non- correlated, relatively stable institutional quality investment market. Oak Point has recently taken a new client in this field, running almost exclusively money for institutional investors and pension funds. The team is some of the most senior executives in the industry, coming out of the largest player in the Reinsurance Market where they ran the securitization business. We are hosting this fund for upcoming for roadshows: please contact us if you would like our short due diligence report on this manager.
- quantitative easing: Meaning higher global rates sometime in the future: Fixed income used to be return without Risk and currently it looks to be Risk without return. How can we as investors avoid interest rate risk and selectively play the credit markets.
The Return of the Emerging Markets: Play it via debt:
Oak Point has hosted, and will be hosting some European meetings with one of the very good established investors in Emering markets debt investment. This strategy is an excellent way to play emerging markets, without taking stockmarket risk. Recently, Bloomberg Brief, a publication of Bloomberg, ranked this manager n. 1 for five year annualized preformance in the Emerging Market Category for funds with AUM above 50 million and the fund was also ranked as the 17th best performing hedge fund out of 1878 funds in the Bloomberg Brief database with aum over 100 million dollars.